The Golden Red Fire Pig

The Golden Red Fire Pig
...um, it's time.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Rock is Gone, the thrill was not.

Well, after 4 years plus, I've decided to retire from the mighty King Belvedere. I can no longer keep a full-time rocKstar schedule and be a good daddy. Whataya gonna do? I'm going to retreat back to my house and start improving my playing alone, become a student of the instrument again. As for playing with others, I'll be jamming with a good friend of mine who plays a wicked drum and I'll be writing with another very close friend who sings with the fattest, widest, warmest tone of anyone I've heard. As for shows, I'll be poking my head out with impromptu gigs along with my two new part-time music co conspirators and occasionally sitting in on a KB gig as a "guest" player. How odd to type that last bit. Will I miss standing in front of my Marshall with it turned to 11 on stage with a bunch of crazies? ...more that you know. Does this mean that I am no longer a rocKstar? NEVER!!!! ...b-a.

4 comments:

Harry Bundles said...

it is a very sad day. sad day indeed. i was living vicariously through your rockstar life, and now you are just like me. except for the kids part.

Blue Ryder said...

You've always put the ROCK in rockstar. That sounded TOTALLY GAY, but we're gay and old. So whatever.

How about some guitar lessons for the mamas and the kiddies? With the exorbiant amount of fresh, young, talent- with very good looks, we could have the the: KIDDIE WONDER BAND!

Or just teach me. I've always wanted to play "you are my sunshine" to Ryder on the guitar.

One Little Seedling said...

Rock never dies...

you just get old and useless... wearing a diaper... but rock never dies.

I'm actually really more excited about your transition into this stage. It's always nice seeing a person have a different road they want to try. Can't wait to hear your story.

=)

Unknown said...

wow. you really did it. i'm stunned, but slowburn - you will ALWAYS be our rock god ! i mean the hair alone .. come on now !

so will you be entering the world of acoustic ? i mean b/c i'm sure BR would love to be your tamborinist/background vocalist (god help you).

btw, HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!! even though you're old as sh*t, WE STILL LOVE YOU !! lol